[log in to unmask] writes:

<< PAN deserves credit for singularly continuing to apprise us of what is
 happening  in Washington, and to give guidance on what we should do.  I am
 not  sure that the past methods they call for - writing and calling - are
 going to push our current cause "through the appropriations funnel."  But
 until the Parkinson's community is ready to move beyond this stage, it is
 the best we can do, and we should do it the best we can.

                                 Bob Dolezal

Hi Bob: You may remember  during past wars or conflicts family members placed
a placard in their windows if they had a member serving in the Arm Forces.

Perhaps the PD communiy could adopt a symbol such as a red ribbon. The red
ribbon could be tyied to a tree or mail box or front door in the front yard of
all homes having a family member with the disease. Enough red ribbons might
gain more recognition and it is a relatively cheap manner of seeking that
attention.

Dale Severance