Hi,
There is one factor that I think everyone is overlooking. When we make
the count of how many caregivers per person, we forget that some of them
are duplicates.  Just looking at my own situation, I know I make
sarcastic comments like "What is a caregiver?"  because there is no one
in my life with that official title.  But then I think hard and
carefully, and  realise that there are some people who do care about
helping me - me, the PWP, that is, like wonderful Cathy who takes me to
exercise class every week.And Gail, who sends me cheery messages on the
Internet.  And Trudi, the lady from the widow's support group who gives
me a ride to synagogue every Saturday - but I' m not quite sure whether
that's because of the PD or the widow status, - but I love her for it.
Then I do the arithmetic.  And I find that I have to eliminate Cathy and
Gail, because they are already caregivers for other PWPs, and probably
the widow lady as well - so we're back down to zero ... well not
exactly, because I don't feel quite so neglected, and I realise I'm not
as alone as I sometimes think I am- but it doesn't increase the number
of voters, does it?
Hilary Blue