Barbara Mallut wrote:

> Ivan 'n All...
>
> To me, that hourglass says it all!   Time IS running out
> for those of us who live with a chronic, progressive
> disease - ANY progressive disease!
>
> The hourglass isn't cute, it's not colorful, or pretty.... Yet
> to ME, it says it all in four short words --- TIME IS
> RUNNING OUT!
>
> With every turn of the hourglass Parkinson's Disease
> continues to diminish our respective lives.... It chips away,
> bit by bit, at our dignity, our ability to be self supporting,
> destroys our personal relationships, envelopes us in a gray
> cloud of depression, limits our physical movements, balance,
> vision, makes us prisoners for life of various toxic drugs, and
> on and on and on....
>
> In fact, having Parkinson's is like being involuntarily being
> incarcerated in jail!  We become a prisoner OF and IN our
> own body.
>
> Since the yellow ribbon is used to represent someone
> who's been unjustly imprisoned, and because the
> hourglass with it's "TIME IS RUNNING OUT" motto is
> SO representative of what we're all living (and this goes
> for families and friends who are caregivers, too, as they're
> just as much prisoners of Parkinson's as those they care
> for), I'd think that THAT particular yellow ribbon with a
> black imprint of an hourglass, plus the motto, "TIME IS
> RUNNING OUT," tied to a tree or shrub in front of our
> residences and/or workplaces would definitely make
> a VERY *VISIBLE* IMPRESSION on the general public.
>
> Finally... our "Parkinson's Visibility Campaign" must
> start SOMEWHERE.   Why not let it start HERE
> with _US_ in the 37 nations we represent here on the PD List?
>
> TIME IS RUNNING OUT!
>
> Barb Mallut

> Barbara  Mallut
I am all in favor of some type of pin or ribbon,to help get the word
out.You  might also consider window decals and bumper stickers.Almost
every car you see today has some type of sign "advertising " something
that the owner likes or dislikes. I'm new to this whole
Since this is a first time I might sugggest you ask for some type of in
put from the rest of the Parkies.You might ask for some suggestions on
the design , slogan colors how much would they be willing to pay for
each item .Craig Mellinger60/2 [log in to unmask]