Ivan M Suzman wrote:

> ^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
> Ivan Suzman      48/12                 [log in to unmask]
> Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses      68   deg. F
>  Good morning, Gerry and Brig, and Listmembers,
>
>  A short interactive post from the coast of Maine,  about wearing ribbons
> and pins to educate the public--
>
> On Wed, 5 Aug 1998 08:24:08 EDT Gerry & Brig Haines <[log in to unmask]>
> writes
>
> ".... maybe purple..  Just a thought, I wear the purple....."
>
> SNIP
>
> Purple and lavender are the colors of gay men and women fighting against
> discrimination and hate crimes against us ( I am a "Gay" man).  If we
> Parkinson's people need a color, purple is taken.
> Gerry, where did your purple ribbon come from?/
Ivan, Gerry and anybody else,
My apologies. I thought Lavender had been used but that the deep purple
was still available.  We used it for our Teen - pep program here,
(Northern Virginia) to try and make teenagers aware of PD - and they
started a teen group using the slogan Purple for Parkinsons. It had a
nice ring to it. I think you may have got your purple ribbon from me at
the PAN Forum.
Sorry. Didn't mean to step on anybody's toes. Ignorance may be bliss,
but it doesn't excuse anything.
Hilary Blue