So, between Carol and Rita, what it looks like is that we need
researchers to put together grant proposals that are  well done,
impressive in scope, and have a broad range of disorders they will
help.
Maybe what is needed is more professional grant writers to take a
bigger cut of the grant for writing it so that it can get through all the
"review committees" that come up.
Carol, please do not be offended.  I have written grants for non-
profits too and brought in thousands of dollars, and worked with
others who brought in millions.
My problem has been that I get tired of twisting everything to please
someone who has no idea what the real problems are.

Ok, off that soapbox.  The proposal must contain sound research by
reputable researchers and show how it will help both parkinsonians
and others.
I think I understand.  If enough of the population that votes has pd or
is effected by pd then we vote everyone in office out and put all pwp
in and then we get the help we need. I like this idea.  I am willing to
run for whatever office we need a pwp in.  Any other volunteers?

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds 49/3
http://members.tripod.com/~marling