Gee Delda... Don't us Parkies spend ENOUGH time in the bathroom as it is?
<rueful grin>

Barb Mallut

----------
From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Delda White
Sent:   Wednesday, August 05, 1998 3:17 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Sit ins

>Forget sit-ins and other forms of civil disobedience.

I don't agree, Bruce.  Saul Alinsky had a terrific record for using such
tactics and getting results.  My favorite:  Mayor Richard J. Daley (not his
son, the current Mayor of Chicago) was refusing to acknowledge a neighborhood
group who simply wanted to meet with Daley and be heard.  Alinsky worked with
them and asked, What means the most to Daley?  Answer:  O'Hare Airport,
Daley's pride and joy.  So the group (about 300 strong) hired 10 buses, and
armed with a dime per person and several magazines, headed for O'Hare to spend
a dime sitting comfortably for as long as necessary in booths in the rest
rooms.  Daley heard about it -- actually I think he heard about it after they
rented the buses but before they got on them -- and did a very fast about-
face.  I can't think of anything comparable for PWP off the top of my head,
but with all the great minds on this list, surely someone will.  Delda White
CG Bob 66/1