Hi Nancy B and listmembers,

        In the U.S. not-for-profit orgs are eligible for FREE ads, known as Public
Service Announcements on all commercial broadcast outlets.  Depending on a
variety of factors, e.g. station policy, listenability and/or viewability of
the spot, personal contact between you and station personnel, such spots may
be run more or less often in prime time to off-off prime time.  Political
spots are excluded.  But educatonal awareness spots are fine.
        The beauty of radio is that you can provide written copy only--in fact, some
stations will reject a pre-produced tape.  They either tape it themselves or
do it live.
        The format on the page, readability, and length of spot are very important.
Most spots are 10-sec, 20-sec, or 30-sec.  It's common to provide multiple
spots in each length with emphasis on 10-sec & 20-sec.  This we can do at the
local level.
        Gina, Ellen, Barbs, Jeanette to name a few--please write and post to the
list, spots suitable to your locale.  This is my challenge.
        I will expand on this "how-to-do-it" message given any incentive.

Barbara Blake-Krebs  57/1984
Merriam  KS

<<
Lately MS has had a great commercial on the radio.  Why couldn't one of the

PD organizations sponsor something similar.  The MS ad is about trying to

connect to the legs etc from a touch tone phone and all lines are busy.

Nancy B cg for Don 64/15