I have  also found that I am "at my best" on first rising from sleeping. =
would speculate that this is because during sleep we are pooling our
endogenous dopamine without exhausting it by normal waking activity.  The=

real thing is obviously superior to the  pill form.  I often wondered wha=
the effect would be with a longer down time.  For example if one takes a
sleeping pill upon waking in the morning and sleeps another 6 hours, woul=
the "at my best" time be lengthened.  Or perhaps someone has some
experience with lengthy general anesthesia time?  Perhaps this is one of
the benefits of a nap.

regards, =

Tom