Like Ida, upon awakening, I can usually go for about two hours without any
drugs - IF I don't start doing things 'round the house.  Remaining calm and
relaxed is MY personal key to not initially needing them stinkin' drugs the
minute I get up.

I've noticed, again, like Ida, that IF I should happen to take my first meds
of the day relatively soon after awakening, I don't get the full med-benefit
that I get with the delayed start-time.  In fact, my entire drug schedule for
that day is thrown off, and I have to kinda feel my way along throughout the
day when it comes to taking any subsequent drug doses.   I'm pretty savvy
about my own PD, so that's not impossible, but it's much easier to be on my
usual regular time schedule.
By the way.... I did NOT have that 2 hour "grace-time" upon arising prior to
my Oct., 1994 pallidotomy.  It was just one of the beneficial results of that
blessed surgery....

Barb Mallut