My mother Joyce (68/1 year) just started a 3 or 4 month program of
osteopathic manipulations. The purpose is to help her with her head, which
is moving forward and down. I was able to attend the first session.

It is different from chiropractic manipulations; after heat, as the doctor
performs the manipulations, the patient performs some simple exercises. My
mother said she felt a bit better after the first session.

She will go once a week. She also attends the osteopathic institute for an
exercise program once a week. Unfortunately, her insurance will not pay for
the physical therapy program offered there. She is planning to see the MDS
there. The good thing is that all the doctors and therapists work in
conjunction to help a patient. I will let you know how these manipulations
go. The doctor commented that her upper back and neck are in spasm and very
tight (something my mother could already tell). The doctor also worked on
her legs and her left side (her affected side).

Debbie White