--MS_Mac_OE_2985191061_2247469_MIME_Part

I'm new to the list, and hope I've done this correctly so that I can get
some information. My dad who's 75 has Parkinson's and has been on medication
for some time.  He complains of extreme dizziness, and must hold onto
something almost all the time to keep from falling.  His doctor has been
unable to tell him whether this is to be expected with Parkinson's, whether
it may be a result of medication (I think perhaps not as he is very dizzy in
the morning before he has had any medication), or whether there might be
some other cause.  Does anyone have any insight into this?  The doctor seems
uninterested in this problem, and there is no one in our state who
specializes in treating Parkinson's patients.

a possibility is low blood pressure or orthostatic hypotension. this can be
checked via blood pressure lying down; then, sitting; then, standing.

it may also indicate loss of balance sensing.

Ronald Vetter  1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegiline
[log in to unmask]     Ridgecrest, California
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter

--MS_Mac_OE_2985191061_2247469_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Dizziness</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2">I'm new to the list, and hope I've done this cor=
rectly so that I can get some information. My dad who's 75 has Parkinson's a=
nd has been on medication for some time. &nbsp;He complains of extreme dizzi=
ness, and must hold onto something almost all the time to keep from falling.=
 &nbsp;His doctor has been unable to tell him whether this is to be expected=
 with Parkinson's, whether it may be a result of medication (I think perhaps=
 not as he is very dizzy in the morning before he has had any medication), o=
r whether there might be some other cause. &nbsp;Does anyone have any insigh=
t into this? &nbsp;The doctor seems uninterested in this problem, and there =
is no one in our state who specializes in treating Parkinson's patients.<BR>
</FONT><BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>a possibility is low blood pressure or orthostatic hypotension=
. this can be checked via blood pressure lying down; then, sitting; then, st=
anding. <BR>
<BR>
it may also indicate loss of balance sensing.<BR>
<BR>
Ronald Vetter &nbsp;1936, dz PD 1984, carbidopa/levodopa, Mirapex, selegili=
ne<BR>
[log in to unmask] &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Ridgecrest, California<BR=

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_2985191061_2247469_MIME_Part--