From: Gilbert Brewer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Dizziness
Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 8:42 PM

I'm new to the list, and hope I've done this correctly so that I can get
some information. My dad who's 75 has Parkinson's and has been on
medication for some time.  He complains of extreme dizziness, and must hold
onto something almost all the time to keep from falling.  His doctor has
been unable to tell him whether this is to be expected with Parkinson's,
whether it may be a result of medication (I think perhaps not as he is very
dizzy in the morning before he has had any medication), or whether there
might be some other cause.  Does anyone have any insight into this?  The
doctor seems uninterested in this problem, and there is no one in our state
who specializes in treating Parkinson's patients.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Patti