Looking a bit into what's available at the Securities and Exchange
Commission web site www.sec.gov may yield something re the question
of the possible effect of year 2000 computer problems on
prescription drugs, depending on how we read between the lines.
Public companies are now required to make year 2000 disclosures on
their periodic reports to stockholders. These reports are available
on-line in the SEC Edgar data base.  As I mentioned in my previous
post to the parkinsn listserv the SEC just got stricter about the
type and quality of disclosures required, effective for the next
periodic reports. So wait for them to be filed, then go to the Edgar
data base from www.sec.gov and see what your favorite pharmaceutical
manufacturing or wholesale firm says.

Also, the Commission's documents - the "Second Report on
Readiness..." and the "Interpretation on Disclosure..", viewable at
www.sec.gov/news/home2000.htm, are quite sobering.

Phil