List, I apologize for potentially wasting your time on an idea only a few of
you would ever consider, so skip it if you have better things to do.  But
Ivan periodically brings up this monumentally stupid idea & I just enjoy
refuting it.  If there is anyone else out there who thinks this is a good
idea please let us know.

Delda, Jerry & Ivan

I don't think most PWP are going to be interested.  If you are talking about
the 50 or so active members of this List going down to DC for the purpose of
breaking the law by entering a  Federal government building and 'sitting
down" (perhaps with carbines borrowed from our retired friends over at the
black panthers?) then maybe you'd put together 15-20 who would like to go to
DC & get arrested.   Although they would be unlikely to arrest us as we
would hardly be a threat to law and order, they would most likely pick us -
you up by your ears & deposit you outside on the street with the rest of the
kooks down there.  I was going to add they would most likely be laughing at
the spectacle all the time, but with the murder last week of the 2 Capital
cops I don't think they would be laughing.

Consider the typical PWP
*age 57 -- missed the Vietnam era from a personal involvement standpoint.
Has no memory of how much fun civil disobedience (CD) is.
*due to age, is more conservative than the general public & the List members
*believes in the rule of law still!
*has some $ problems
*is sick, tired, and has trouble traveling.

 This was my reference to demographics

I just think you are being a wee bit naive if you think breaking the law in
this day & age is going to be met with a positive public or congressional
response.  Rudy Guiliani is The Mayor - John Lindsay is gone.