I also commented on sleep benefit in June this year.
Having just returned from a 2 night camping trip with my wife and 2
children, this topic is very timely. This was my first ever camping trip,
and we used sleeping bags on foam mats. However, the uncompromising hardness
of the ground made sleep for me impossible during both nights. This,
combined with the awkwardness of trying to turn round inside a sleeping bag
resulted in a lot of discomfort and stiffness and pain by the morning. As a
result, I was very dysfunctional the following days, and we had to abort our
camping trip earlier than we had hoped. This brought home to me the truth
about sleep benefit, and I am hoping to achieve some for tomorrow!

Martin Purchase