Below is what I just sent the Editor at Sports Illustrated.  Thank you Linda
Herman for bringing it to our attention.

Thursday, August 6, 1998

Sports Illustrated
Letters to the Editor

re:  The Best of Friends July  13, 1998

Ali is carrying on a fight for me and over a million other
Americans who have been knocked down by a formidable
opponent, Parkinson's Disease, in my case at age 44.
More research dollars authorized by the Udall bill, if
fully funded by our government, may still give me a
chance to overcome this disabling and insidious disease,
and prevent further rematches with other unsuspecting
Americans.  Thank you, Ali.  You are still a champ.

Barbara Blake-Krebs
Merriam  KS