---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 08:09:04 -0700
From: Marge Tuchman <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Margarer Tuchman <[log in to unmask]>,
    "\"Jerry_Finch\" <" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Opportunity Knocking or Missing Persons' Bulletin

We are missing YOU!  Of the 1,600+/- folks who subscribe to this list,
only about 50 are active participants and 100 or so who occasionally
post.  That leaves 1,500 of you that, for some reason, never take
part.

This message is to those who never or seldom say anything.  We know
that you are silent not because you are uninterested in learning more
about PD, after all you found the LIST and then took the trouble to
sign up.

What we would very much like to know is how to engage you in an
exchange of
information and in turn satisfy your unexpressed though obvious need
to learn.

>From time to time we would like to send out questionnaires to list
members
who chose to participate. The questionnaires are too long to post on
the
list,however the answers you give are important. Your name and address
can
remain anonymous and, if you want to post questions or comments to the
list
through us, we'll be happy to return the favor.

The first step in participating is to do nothing. That's the easy
part.
If you do NOT want to participate, just send an email to
[log in to unmask] and you'll never hear from us again.

In about a week the rest of you will receive an email.
IF you ARE interested in joining, all you need to do is hit the
"REPLY" button. If you do not want to take part, here is another
chance to do nothing, because if we don't hear from you, we'll
not send you any more emails.

For those who want to be part of this effort, we can promise
opportunities to take part in activities that are bigger than the
sum of its parts, and will be farther reaching than simply summarizing
the number of respondents who answered "yes" or "no".  Becoming
one of many who take the trouble and time to share will yield results
that will benefit each of us as well as those who are yet to be PWPs.

In summary:
1) you are NOT interested, send an email to
and say "not interested".

2) don't do anything and you will receive an email in about a week.
Hit "REPLY" to that email and you will receive the first of the
questionnaires.

3) don't do anything and you will not receive another survey

4) complete the survey, return it to us and you will receive another
one in about 30 days. You will receive an average of one survey a
month that will take an average of 30 minutes to complete and can
be sent back by email.  Results of the survey will be posted to the
list.
All surveys and results will be on the
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net
web site.