On Friday, 31 July, Marty Rose wrote;

>Date:    Fri, 31 Jul 1998 13:04:31 -0400
>From:    Marty Rose <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Liquid sinemet

>Have any of you who have switched to liquid sinemet experienced problems?
>I just started on it and so far I am less than thrilled.   I am also in the
>process of ramping up on Mirapex which I am sure doesn't help.  Also I am
>wondering if  the liquid need to be made fresh first thing in the morning
>or if it can be made up the night before when I  am functioning better,
>and does it have to be kept cold?

>Marty Rose

Marty, I have been dissolving all my medications (except Tasmar) in water for about
6 months now and it works out well I think. I put 1 mg Permax, 3.75 mg of Mirapex,
4 25/100 Sinemet tabs, (generic) and a 500 mg Vitamin C tab in 8 oz of water and drink
1 oz every couple of hours. I use an 8 oz Medicine bottle that I get from the pharmacy
and I make it up a day in advance. I keep it in the refrigerator when I am at home
and when I go out I carry it in a "fanny pack". It doesn't really need to be refrigerated.
But it does have to be shaken thoroughly each time I take some.
The advantage is that I don't have to count and mess with pills after the solution is made up
and it also smooths out the inatke of the medication and thus smooths out the response.

Hope this helps.

Ben McKeen     64/10