Dear Gina,
history.  Many years ago, (about 12 or 13) I was taking sinemet,
amantadine and parlodel.  I developed many of the symptoms you talk
about on the legs, including extreme heat and cold sensitivity, and a
sort of networking of the fine capillaries on the surface of the skin of
the legs - which you can still see tho it has faded.  A change in
doctors resulted in dropping parlodel and amantadine, starting eldepryl
(brand new on the market then) which also brought about an enormous
reduction in the amount of sinemet - and complete reversal of the
symptoms.............until last year I started taking permax with my
sinemet,.  Now I have never bruised easily so I don't have the
pyrotechnic display you have, but my ankles disappeared, and my feet and
legs were just one block of pain, with my normally dainty ankles as
thick as my calves.  Switch to merripax a few months ago and hey presto,
my ankles regain their beauty, I have lost 30 pounds weight (though that
may be the constant high energy dyskinesia)..........and I fall asleep
like clockwork every day at 11am and 3pm regardless of where I am - at
therapy, or exercise class, today in synagogue......and of course I
can't sleep at night. Sorry, I think I just dropped off again --

So you pays  your money and you takes your choice!
If I exist there must be others out there like me.
Hilary Blue
49/16