Jeanette,
This is one of the things which had occupied my mind also.  I was
diagnosed at 46, and my family has a history of living into their 90's.
 Do I have 40 to 50 years of this disorder to live with? Will it really
cut me short somewhere in my 60's?  I do not know right now which
sounds worse, less time to live with pd or more time to suffer with pd.
I am real shaky today and this theme is wandering around in my
head.  Only 20 more years? or 50 more years of shaking and
freezing and hurting?
Jacob,
I want a cure, too, NOW.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds 49/3
http://members.tripod.com/~marling