> Becky Potts wrote:
>
> Hi!  My name is Becky Potts.  I'm going into my junior year in
> highschool.  I'm interested in this list for a few reasons.  My
> grandpa was diagnosed with Parkinson's a few years ago, but just
> recently I have become interested in scientific research of
> nuerological diseases.  I researched Huntington's Disease in depth
> after doing a small project and becoming interested in HD.  I learned
> that any science project to be done would take 5 to 10 to 20 years and
> would not be a highschool project, so I decided to switch my view to
> Parkinson's.  I did a little bit of research and discovered that it is
> not yet known for sure if  PD has a genetic link.  I thought that
> would be a great project for me to look into (especially considering
> that if there is a link then I may eventually develop the disease!).
> My idea is to simply gather enough information (case histories of
> relatives with PD) to do a statistical analysis on the genetic link.
> If there is any way anyone could help me with this project, I would be
> extremely grateful!
>
> I've gotten my data sheet figured out, so if I could ask a few
> questions it would be a great help.  (I need to have your permission
> to use this information in my study before I get into the fairs and
> symposia.)  Ok, here goes:
>
> 1. PWP's name
> 2. PWP's location (city, state/province)
> 3. PWP's/your E-mail address
> 4. PWP's occupation
> 5. PWP's relatives with PD (if any) and the following    info on them
> as
> well as PWP
> 6. gender
> 7. Onset Age (first symptoms)
> 8. Diagnosis Age (when doctors diagnosed PD)
> 9. Age now
> 10. other illnesses PWPs have had
> 11. chemicals PWPs have been exposed to
> 12. other trauma PWPs have endured
> 13. Ethincity of PWPs
> 14. Brief history of geopraphic locations PWPs have lived in
>
> Wow!  What a list!  I hope  it's not too hard to track it all down!!
> I understand if you don't know all the info.  Thanks for helping!!
>

>      Becky Potts

Dear Becky,
What a wonderful projecr. I am going to take my time over fillng this
out for you, so that it is clear and logical and thought out. I am also
printing out a copy for my friend Anne to fill out for you as she does
not have a computer.  We have both been participants in the NIH
genetics project, so basically have all the information you need at our
fingertips. Will get back to you soon. Good Luck.
Hilary BLue