> >Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 20:30:04 +0100
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >From: JaneRoss <[log in to unmask]>
> >Subject: Tulips
> >
> >Hans,
> >
> >I have to agree with Hans that we need to unite with one symbol.  I always
> >have been upset that there so many different organizations trying to do the
> >same thing. It is better than it use to be but....WHEN WILL WE BE ONE !!!
> >
> >I'm new comer to this BBS,but not to the situation.My question is there a national group that coordinates the activities of the various local groups. Is there a national group to  coordinate all the fund raising,letter writing and many other tasks that it takes to stay on top of all these projcts.Now some body from another local group and says wait your hourglas idea is a good one , but we have the national emblum and colors etc.My immmediate thought was who died and left him in charge.I've only been on this bbs (for lack of a better name) for about
a month. After a few days if you are observant you will see the same
names providing answers  to the questons.But in able for a group to have
any clout it should be a part of a national group.This way we are part
of  an organization with 10's or 100's  of PWP.Maybe that is why we have
so much trouble with Washington.We need sombody to have clout in D.C.not
to ask our 1600 members to write a letter asking for this / that.Icalled
my congressman at his local office and got a secretary?I told her why
she couldnt understand me but whem I told her why I needed his fax
number and Email address her answer was OK.After she gave me the numbers
and after telling her each bit of info she gave me was wrong
the ok. When I told her I thought she should call his main office and
get the info she asked me what the the  number for his DC office was I
almost blew my stack. Sure enough when I called back after lunch she
asked me if I called DC for the  numbers, to put in the files.When I
asked if she called like I suggested she do I got that stupid OK again
I thanked her for the time she spent and left.Later I called the
800number and gave the individual the message.The girl in his local
office has the brains of a nit.She answered all of my questions with an
OK for an answer Craig 60/2 [log in to unmask]