Hello Listserv members,

First, can anyone tell me how I can get Parkinson's Report Magazine?

Yes, I am the son of a PWP.  But old enough to understand and
hopefully help.  I just joined this Listserv this week in my zeal to
get all the information I can on Parkinson's since we found out my
mother, Lillian - age 79, has it.  Though I sometimes get burried in
all the email, I have had a great experience reading all the mail and
information from all you wonderful people!  I am so new to this, I
don't even know the questions to ask yet.  But I'm trying to learn so
I can help my Dad and Mom cope with this new challenge in their lives.
  It all started about a year ago with her "slowing down" very
considerably ...from square dancing & clogging to barely walking...
in a matter of a few months.  Then the falling started with a broken
hip, two incidents of gashes on the back of her head requiring
stitches, numerous other falls...always backwards, changes in speech
volume and handwriting patterns.  After numerous MD's, neurologists
and much testing (MRI's, blood, etc.) probable condition...
Parkinsonism - a new word to me!  I hear so much about Parkinson's
Disease, Parkinsonism, Parkinson's Syndrome...it gets confusing.  She
is soon getting her third neurologist.  Medications are Sinemet,
Elpedryl and Parlodel (I don't have the dosages).  She has taken the
Sinemet since January, the other two were prescribed in the past few
weeks.  She gets nausea from the Sinemet and has found some relief by
taking it 1 hour before a meal instead of with the meal.  We really
don't know what to expect from any of these meds, but I have found
the Drug Database in the Parkinsn Archive Treasure web page to be
very helpful.  You all have been too!  Thank you.
My prayers are with you all!

Dennis c/g; Mom Lillian 79/1

____
Dennis Liebl
Board Leader, Hometowns West BB (Prodigy Classic)
E-Mail me at:  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Visit my Web Site at:  http://pages.prodigy.com/liebl/homes.htm