There is a big difference between humor and the totally personal chit-chat
that some indulge in. Almost all of us enjoy the momentary vacations from
the serious and often miserable problems that accompany PD. That is what
the offerings of humor, poetry, or words of wisdom are to me and, I am
sure, to the rest of us too.

In addition to exchanging information about how to manage PD and about
medications, we also are here to support one another and offer a
sympathetic ear, advice and prayers when our fellow list members are
troubled. Sometimes these troubles can involve beloved family members
of the four footed variety as well as our human family and friends.
Family pets are among the best stress-busters and morale boosters around.

If we have PD we are stressed. If we are a care giver for someone with
PD we are also stressed. We get crabby, our tolerance level diminishes,
and often we forget that the personal exchanges we enjoy indulging in
are going to a great many people around the world, and that they may be
increasing the level of stress too much for some to bear with tolerance
when it is habitually repeated.

My solution is to automatically filter out messages from those whose
postings are sometimes a source of irritation. Stress is reduced and
nobody's feelings are hurt. I put them in a folder where, when I have
time, I can winnow out any helpful information before deleting the rest.

Martha Rohrer (CG for Neal, 78/13)