I really don't know if this is related to PD or not .It depends on your
point of view.  Nursing homes and some hospitals are now allowing pets
to visit the patients, they are a great moral booster. When my father
was dying, he wanted to see his dog. I am glad it was a poodle. I
smuggled it in. I can't knit, but I I did use my mothers knitting bag.
My father thanked me over and over. That very same hospital is now
allowing pets to visit at selected hours.  I had nothing to lose and a
lot to gain. A happier dying father. My last word on pets (maybe) Nita