I would like to take this opportunity, during our quarterly discussion of
what is and is not appropriate to post to the list, to make a few
comments of my own.

It would be very helpful if listmembers would:

1.      NOT include the entire message to which they are replying.
        This causes some email systems and the listserve to occasionally
        return the message to me as a 'looping' message.

2.      COMBINE your replies: e.g., Yes, Amy; Thanks, Alice; Me, too, Anne;
        with just as much of the person's message to indicate what it is
        you are agreeing to...and CHANGE the subject line to state the
        correct subject.  This is becoming even more necessary since the
        volume of listmail has increased so much recently.  We DO have a
        limit and when that limit is reached on any day, the list is
        'frozen' until I free it.  This can sometimes be a day later
        since I can't always be on email...my employers expect me to work
        and my family expect me to be wife/mother/grandmother/sister/aunt.

3.      If you are going to be away from your email access, please set the
        list to 'nomail'.  Send a regular email message to the listSERVER
        not the list at: [log in to unmask]  In the body of
        the message, type:  set parkinsn nomail  When you return, send
        the listserver one of the following messages:  set parkinsn mail
        or set parkinsn digest.

4.      Please, please, please do not refer people to me as some sort of
        fountain of pd info...I'm in the same leaky boat with the rest of
        the listmembers.  I have no special training, insight or info
        about pd except as it affects me, personally and what I learn
        from this group of highly motivated and informed folks.  I have
        had personal messages asking for 'insider-info' about meds,
        neuro's, canes, walkers...and even my opinion about a
        hypothetical court case from a law student...I told her that
        folks with pd are usually highly law abiding and that the stress
        of committing a crime would make the person's symptoms worse, to
        the point where he/she would be unable to 'pull the trigger'.

Gotta get back to work..

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing