I have just joined the PD listserv and would like to introduce myself. I am
Terry Hopping. I am 51 years old retired from the US Coast Guard and am now
a school administrator in Sacramento Ca.  I was diagnosed with PD a bit
over a year ago although I have had symptoms for over three years I did not
nor did my DR. recognize them. As soon as the hand tremors came on it was
fairly cut and dried what was happening to me. I now have a great
Neurologist now and am taking Sinemet. My onset has been fairly rapid over
the last year. I have slowness in my walking gait, tremors, and have as of
late developed speech difficulity. I think my DR. is running to catch up
with my symptoms. The Med helps a lot and my life is good. I was a very
active person and the mental adjustment has been difficult for me to handle
but I am getting there.

I am a avid reader. I enjoy historic novels and poetry. I have two growm
and successful children (one still in college) and a wife of 31 years. We
have a house in the mountains east of here and enjoy that on the weekends.

I am very much looking forward to interacting with all of you on the
listserv.

Terry