If anyone has feedback, suggestions, cautions, etc. in working with
children in this situation, I'd be glad to hear from you. This isn't in any
of the parenting books that I've read!
Rick 47, 8 months

Rick, I think you did an excellent job of explaining PD to your son.  My
children probably can't remember when my husband didn't have Parkinson's
(Jamie was 40 when he developed symptoms).  We were always very honest with
them about every aspect of their Dad's disease.   We were matter-of-fact
about making accommodations as well.  The upshot has been that both kids
(now 24 and 25) consider PD as just another element that makes their Dad who
he is.  No fuss, no fear, no patronizing - but they shared every step of the
trip with both of us, and I think that made a difference.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 59/19)