Gina Cass. wrote:

> Nita:
>
> That was a beautiful story.  I am sure your father was so grateful that you
> brought his dog.  Cats are somewhat more difficult to sneak in.  Mine have a
> no sneak clause in their contract.

> TFN
> Gina

  I made a major snip.

My father was very weak, could not speak or hold his artificial larynx. (That
thing makes a buzzing type  of  speech) You know you learn to read lips (for one
person- not for real). He could not talk but tears ran from his eyes and he
mouthed thank you, thank you. I am a nurse, and  have" not seen"
a lot of things, such as pet visits. I expect the nurses in that hospital did the
same thing. It would really be hard to chase a cat down the hall and pretend you
could not see it. I would sure try it.

Pets are so important to everyone, but especially to those who are ill or
disabled. The importance of pets has been discussed often on this list. That is
done because they give so much comfort.

Nita