The main article this month on the Parkinson Alliance
site:
http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/
is by Dr. Tom Hodgens, "Mask of Parkinson's." Dr.
Hodgens will be a continual contributor to the site in
an ongoing series called "Ask The Doctor." If you have
any questions you would like for him to answer, please
send him an email. His email address is on the site.

The letters from the list have been stacking up in my
mailer due to the amount of work I've been doing. There
were at least 20 things I wanted to comment on but
didn't, much to everyone's relief. Sometimes the
intelligent come-backs I think are signs of wisdom come
out as pure stupidity. The loss is probably due to
Windows95.

A couple of things passed by that I really want to
comment on - number one is pets and PD. Books have been
written about the healing power of pets (with the
exception of cats, who exist in another world, sorta'
like Apple Computers). I can honestly say that Jake, my
lab, and Bubba, my horse, have given me the strength to
continue fighting PD. Their love and companionship will
not allow me to cave in to the black monster that wants
to take over my life.

I cannot ride out into the pasture, nor walk with Jake
into the woods and still be depressed. I cannot throw
sticks into the lake for Jake to retrieve, or watch
Bubba run full blast to the barn at feeding time, and
worry about the advances of PD.

A very wise man once said, "There is something about
the outside of a horse that's good for the inside of a
man." (I guess that applies to women, too. Never asked,
never wanted to know.)(<--a joke. Don't be so serious.)

The closer we bring the boundary of our existence
towards us, the more we cut off the outside world.
Logic follows that it also gives us more time to focus
on ourselves, which is NOT a good thing. My lovely wife
(she played Medusa in the movie and has never removed
her makeup. It leads me to believe sometimes that I
might not have PD. I'm just turning into stone from
looking at her.) sees an apartment in our future, where
she can deposit me and not worry. Like Don, I'll never
give in on that one. I might eventually have to move,
but the pasture will be just down the street.

I won't get into the on/off subject debates. Wiser
people than me can argue that point (and have for the
past 5 years.) I think a lot of folks agree that pets
for PWP are just as important as Sinemet, if not more
so.

Now the non-PD part. My highly skilled cybersister
said, "being a family doesn't mean we're 'on the prowl'
or 'lookin fer luv'." You can tell this girl has never
been to Texas. Here we go to family reunions to pick up
women.

Jerry
(who still doesn't have a sig file)