I'm reposting this, as my email tagged along garbage again to the last
message:

***************

I had a request to write up a generic invitation for Sunday's "Prayer for
PD' day (or whatever you may wish to call it), that people could simply
forward onto others that they would like to have participate.   Feel free to
edit it as you wish before forwarding it onward, but I hope that it may make
things easier for everyone to have this little message to forward along,
rather than having to draft one themselves.

******************
August 16, 1998 has been informally designated as a day of prayer/meditation
for a cure for Parkinson's Disease.  You are invited to participate in this
unique event and to combine your prayers (or other forms of supplication and
meditation) with those of others who either have PD or have been affected by
this disease.   Similar events have been done by other groups for the
purposes of world peace, etc., and PD is also an issue that affects people
from all backgrounds and cultures.   It is hoped that this event will, at
the very least, help to promote a sense of common purpose amongst those
affected by PD, by giving them a sense of active participation, rather than
passive submission.  At the best, perhaps we can together help speed along
the search for a cure, so that we may all get on with our lives and pursue
our dreams and purposes with renewed vigor and health.

To make it simple, please take a few minutes either at dawn or dusk (when
first waking up or going to bed), to think about those with PD and their
friends and families, to visualize a cure for PD, and to give thanks that
this will be done, AS IF it were already reality.  Whether one is Christian,
Buddhist, New Age, or no affiliation in particular, we believe that the
combined prayers and meditations of as many as possible can only be
positive.

Thank you for your participation and may this event also richly bless your
own life.

Wendy Tebay