Dennis,

This almost sounds like an adaptation of the serrenity prayer.

At 05:14 AM 8/10/98 , Dennis Greene wrote:

>>I'm in my 12th year of PD.  How do those of  you with 10 years of PD. or
>>more, deal with ACCEPTING PD,

-snip-

>I have no time or
>energy to spare so I am very choosy when deciding which battles I will
>fight.  Ones I cannot win don't even get onto the list.  (which is not to
>say I win every battle I fight - but winning must be possible)

Which is to say, "...the serenity to not fight the battles you can't win."

>The second strategy is a close relation to the first.  I try to know and
>accept my limitations.  The second part of it is the most important - I do
>everything I can with the abilities I still have.

Which is to say, "...the courage to do every thing you can do."

>Third,  I try not to  fool myself.  I know that the cure is years away, (and
>lets face it we all know that unless we are masters of self deception) I
>look that fact squarely in the face.  I tell myself that what I have now is
>as good as it gets for the foreseeable future so I had better do the best I
>can with it.  Or to put that another way, I try to keep my hopes for the
>future within the bounds of possibility,  that way I avoid setting myself up
>for a fall.

Which is to say, "...and the wisdom to know the difference."

>And last, I follow the oldest advise in the book - take one day at a time.
>I try to use today's energy to meet today's challenges.  There is never
>quite enough for today's needs.  If I have squandered it on fearing tomorrow
>or regretting yesterday there is even less.
>
>I don't always succeed in putting the above into practice, but my success
>rate is high enough to keep me on a fairly even keel.
>
>Dennis

Is there nothing new in the world?  <G>

Art

 Arthur Hirsch {} [log in to unmask] {} Lewisville, TX {} 972-434-2377
 (nickname on instant mail, ICQ, and chat programs is cutterson)

   Always Remember This:  Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness