At 06:15 PM 8/10/98 -0400, TERRY  wrote:
>Has anyone heard of or is taking at the present a new medication called
>Tolcapone (TOL-kah-pone) brand name Tasmar ? It is supposed to level out
>the peaks and valley's we have with our levodopa. It is in the new class of
>COMT inhibitors. I would appreciate any information that may be out there.

Terry, do you get the National Parkinson Foundation's quarterly publication
_Parkinson Report_? In the Spring, 1998 issue pages 10-11 is the best single
description of Tasmar (tolcapone) that I have seen. It's worth your looking
at it.  If you don't get the _Parkinson Report_ I suggest you phone the NPF
at 1-800-327-4545 and ask for a copy.

     Sid Roberts   68/3   <[log in to unmask] >     Youngstown, Ohio