Pat,

>Arthur,
>     I agree with what's been said here up to a point.  While this may be
"as good as it gets" regarding the disease's progression, I have seen in
many cases, including my own, an IMPROVEMENT in function because of better
control of medication.

The words were mine not Arthur's, and you are quite right in saying that we
need to take advantage of every advance that is made.  In my own mind I had
that aspect covered by the words "for the foreseeable future".  As PD
doesn't make us mindreaders I should have been more explicite.

>     So all is not doom and gloom.  While our general direction may be
downhill, it's not a direct route, but  encompasses many hills and valleys.

It is interesting that you see seeeing things as they are as a source of
doom and gloom.  For my part I find I need to see things as they are in
order to move past them to that place where happiness is not conditional on
my physical condition.

Dennis

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/