The Parkinson's Unity Walk will hold its 5th annual event on Sunday,
September 27th in Central Park, New York City.
It will be much the same but different as usual.  Confused?  Read on.

On the same side:
        A 2 mile course through some of the prettiest country in uptown
Manhattan.
        Live music with jazz pianist Herman Foster and his combo.
        Free refreshments.
        Colorful T-shirts with contributions of $25 or more.
        Street fair stations including: Advocacy, Tai Chi, Exercise, Custom
Placards, Face-Painting, Ask the MD.

On the new side:
        More Walk Teams
                for the captain of the top team- a weekend for two in NYC
at the Regency Hotel including theater
                tickets, dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and more.
        We're back to a Sunday schedule.  Sleep late and come to the
Bandshell at 11:30AM to register.
        Latin fusion jazz band Afro-Dysia provides a bit of salsa-flavored
post-walk music.

This year Donna Hanover, Broadcast Journalist and First Lady of the City of
New York, is our spokesperson for a powerful new TV public service
announcement.

In preparation for the Walk a benefit rock concert, Dr. Parkinson's Remedy
Romp, will be held at Irving Plaza on Friday, September18th. The purpose of
the Romp is to get a younger crowd more involved in curing Parkinson's.  PD
effects the whole family.  Besides, with a little bit of effort now the 30
and under crowd will have one less concern when they retire.
For details contact me, [log in to unmask]

Come visit our website (www.parkinsonwalk.org) for more information about
the Walk.  Contact us to register and volunteer.

-Ken Aidekman

Visit the Parkinson's Unity Walk website:  www.parkinsonwalk.org

Fund the Research.  Find the Cure.