Hello fellow parkies,

I have a  few questions concerning requip. First is anyone out  there using
requip? It seems so many of you have mentioned being on tasmar, but I don't
hear about anyone using requip.  For anyone on requip  I'd like to ask how
you take it....along with your sinemet? with or without a meal or food of
some sort? How many times a day do y ou take it and at what dosage did you
feel the effects of the requip? What side effects, if any, has anyone had
while using requip. I started taking it in April  and titrated up very
slowly to 2 mg 3x /day, but was getting so nauseous  and sleepy  I titrated
down a bit for awhile to see if my body could get more use to it. I wanted
to stay on it as I was getting more "on" time with it  and less of a head
bob. Now I have titrated back up to 2.5 mg 3x/day and again so often feel
nauseous and so sleepy for it about an hour after taking it with food, and
my sinuses get  all stuffy...this all passes in about another hour. I've
tried taking it with the sinemet at the same time, but that makes me soooo
sleepy I have to lay  down and go to sleep for 2 hrs!  If  I just take the
r equip with my meals it  doesn't  seem to work unless I'v e taken my
sinemet  about 1+1/2 hours before....I'm, wondering if  there is a correct
way to take this med. I'm the first one my doc has tried this medicine on,
so he and I just have the info sheet the company that makes requip sends
out and that just says take 3x/day. I called a sales rep from the company
and he suggested  taking it 3 x a day with food, but I find in order to get
any benefit from the requip it has to be taken  in a certain window of time
in relation to when sinemet is taken  and that get s  so complicated !! Any
thoughts, ideas, helpful clues on how best to use this would be very
appreciated. thanks

Patsy Manning