From: [log in to unmask]
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Medic Alert Braclets
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 7:09 PM

Hi
It is not necessary to pay $35 per year for the medic alert bracelet......I
have had one for years.

An bit of info re: Medic Alert and its impact on communities......

My daughter lives in Turlock (home of Medic Alert) and while visiting a few
years ago, I read a local newspaper article pertaining to phone service
changes........an area of central northern California was going to be
assigned
a new telephone area code to accomodate the population growth and increase
in
phone service.....of course businesses are not anxious to change area
codes..(new stationery, business cards, contacts etc.)

However, it was decided by the phone company that Turlock would keep the
209
area code because of the 8 million Medic Alert bracelets bearing the 209
area
code phone number......and the need to access Medic Alert Foundation for
emergency medical care.

rita