Dear Friends-- last evening I had the pleasant experience of speaking with
a PD support group in Dayton, Ohio, held in the home of listfolks Don and
Donna Boyer. One of those present was another listmember,Jerry Starr, a
retired pharmacist who has posted helpfully here in the past.

As the meeting began, folks were discussing their meds, much as we do here,
and it quickly became evident that one took Requip successfully, while
another said the first pill made him deathly ill,  and this was repeated
for several of our common PD meds.

Jerry than spoke up, and reminded  us that ALL PD drugs work in different
ways for different patients, to the point that he was reluctant to
generalize about them without very cautious disclaimers.

Of course, we all know this "in our heads", but it is a temptation to
evangelize a bit now and then, and to share the good/bad effects we have
experienced, in the hope of helping another PWP.  Our dear Don "flash"
McKinley,after 30 years of PD, refuses to tell us on the list what he
takes, as he believes it to be dangerous for others to think his regimen
might be good for them.

Please understand, I AM NOT suggesting that sharing of med. regimens is
bad--   quite the opposite.  But I do think we need to remind ourselves,
and add to our posts, the fact that med. changes need to be checked with
your neuro--these are high-powered chemicals we're using, and while the
docs sure don't know everything, they have more experience,and are
responsible--if not, change doctors!

        Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter  80/9
        Oxford,OH

                ** Ask me about the CARE list for  **