Hi Listmembers,

I'm new to the list.  My mother was recently diagnosed with PD so I
am feverishly gathering an education.  This list has been wonderful!
Since I'm new to Parkinson's, I am filled with questions.  I hope I
can drop a few on the list to seek advice, education and help in our
quest to make Mom's life a little easier (and Dad's... her primary
CG).

My question right now is how to find a support group.  I read where
Dale is gathering info on support groups by state.  We are in Orange
County, CA.  Mom and Dad are 79 years old.  Mom started having
symptoms a couple of years ago.  It wasn't until she fell and broke
her hip that there was some suspicion by her doctor and the neuro.
She has fallen several times since the hip recovery, tow of those
falls required stitches on the back of her head.  No tremor, yet!
Slow gait/shuffle type walk, frequent falling down, changes in speech,
 smaller handwriting, restricted movement, difficulty eating, lower
back pains. She is on sinemet, eldepryl and bromocriptine.  Any help,
advice would be appreciated.  Thanks and keep up the great work!

____
Dennis Liebl
Board Leader, Hometowns West BB (Prodigy Classic)
E-Mail me at:  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Visit my Web Site at:  http://pages.prodigy.com/liebl/homes.htm