From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of William Heitman
Sent:   Thursday, August 13, 1998 5:27 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: You just gotta laugh!

In a message dated 8/12/98 11:09:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Authorization for researching the problem of purchasing a bulb (not the
 actual purchase) has been approved, but as yet no funds have been
 appropriated!! >>

The House and Senate committees for light bulb changes, appropriations
subcommittee has decreed that there will be no earmarking of funds for this
project.

Dr Vargas, director of NIH was overheard saying "those darn parkies are a it
again, their legislative team saw through my "bulb related " studies on
stoves, toasters and heating elements.  I knew that Edison fellow was trouble.
Have you seen my 50s file?  I want to check on the appropriation for iron
lungs and see how those Salk and Sabine fellows could have been better handled
before studying this PD research grant request.

WHH