How about this idea...  I can't think of the name of the organization, but
there's a national group, who's members consist of former business leaders
who are now retired, and who wish to still keep busy, who either volunteer
their time and expertise, or maybe do it for a small fee, to new start-up
and small businesses.   Why don't some of the former lawyers, government
employees, or whoever else might have the right experience and background
(and motivation and ability), and who are maybe now PWPer's themselves, and
perhaps subscribe to this list, get together and brainstorm on how a similar
organization of retired volunteers, familiar with the social security and
disability systems, could maybe be formed.  Or perhaps, this sort of thing
might be a job for some of our national PD organizations to initiate and
coordinate.  Just a thought.

Personally, I'm also looking at various business and investment ideas, which
I intend to make use of, so that down  the line, when it's needed and I am
officially "disabled", I can have enough income from these other sources
which I've established, so the issue of whether or not I can get SSDI will
be a moot point.  I plan to have things set up so that if I receive these
benefits, they will merely supplement what I've already got coming in, I
won't be solely dependent on them for my survival.  Basically, I'm looking
toward being financially independent, and having set up sources of passive
income that will take care of all my needs and more.  I'm only 34 and I
refuse to live on a fixed, piddly income for the next 30 or more years, and
on top of that, have to put up with someone giving me bull because I dared
to try and claim what should be rightfully mine.  I want to have enough
money to live on and more, so that I can devote myself, with whatever
functional time I may have left in me, to making a difference in the world
on issues which concern me, rather than having my life sucked out of me
because of having to deal with this sort of pointless b.s.   I'm not the
type who will ever succumb to playing the victim role, I'm too stubborn for
that, and I don't think any of us should have to either.  We are NOT
victims, but we ARE a force to be reckoned with!

Wendy Tebay