------=_NextPart_000_0065_01BDC6D9.BA649A00

-----Original Message-----
From: james jones <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, August 13, 1998 4:35 PM
Subject: Controlled Protein Diet

I've seen nothing in this forum about a controlled protein diet.  It was =
originally thought that protein should be consumed before bedtime only =
but that was changed to maintenance of a 7/1 carbo/protein ratio for all =
meals.  The theory is that there is an amino acid contained in protein =
that interferes with levadopa transmission across the blood brain =
barrier.  My spouse, a PWP, tried it for several months before she =
became very ill with other complications.  It seemed to make the Sinemet =
effect more predictable.  There were still on-off periods but they were =
more predictable.
The diet is not hard to administer.  There is a company called Balance =
Nutrition PO box 9327, Providence RI 02940 that distributes several =
products of the proper ratio.  (I have no affiliation with that =
company.)  Plain ole Dairy Queen soft ice cream is, coincidentally, a =
7/1 ratio product also.  You will find that most normal diets are about =
25% higher in protein than this ratio so you just need to read the =
labels and, maybe add some veggies to what you normally eat.  For more =
info including technical articles see www.balancenutrition.com.  I am =

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01BDC6D9.BA649A00

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 =
HTML//EN">
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B>-----Original =
Message-----</B><BR><B>From:=20
</B>james jones &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>=
&gt;<BR><B>To:=20
</B><A =
href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>=20
&lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A>&gt;=
<BR><B>Date:=20
</B>Thursday, August 13, 1998 4:35 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>Controlled =
Protein=20
Diet<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I've seen nothing in this forum =
about a=20
controlled protein diet.&nbsp; It was originally thought that protein =
should be=20
consumed before bedtime only but that was changed to maintenance of a =
7/1=20
carbo/protein ratio for all meals.&nbsp; The theory is that there is an =
amino=20
acid contained in protein that interferes with levadopa transmission =
across the=20
blood brain barrier.&nbsp; My spouse, a PWP, tried it for several months =
before=20
she became very ill with other complications.&nbsp; It seemed to make =
the=20
Sinemet effect more predictable.&nbsp; There were still on-off periods =
but they=20
were more predictable.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>The diet is not hard to =
administer.&nbsp; There=20
is a company called Balance Nutrition PO box 9327, Providence RI 02940 =
that=20
distributes several products of the proper ratio.&nbsp; (I have no =
affiliation=20
with that company.)&nbsp; Plain ole Dairy Queen soft ice cream is,=20
coincidentally, a 7/1 ratio product also.&nbsp; You will find that most =
normal=20
diets are about 25% higher in protein than this ratio so you just need =
to read=20
the labels and, maybe add some veggies to what you normally eat.&nbsp; =
For more=20
info including technical articles see <A=20
href=3D"http://www.balancenutrition.com">www.balancenutrition.com.</A>&nb=
sp; I am=20
[log in to unmask]</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0065_01BDC6D9.BA649A00--