Thanks James for your answer ... I do feel that a controled protein diet
has helped me with my sinemet absorbtion . I am going to look at the
website you suggested this evening at home.

Terry

At 04:45 PM 8/13/98 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]
originally thought that protein should be consumed before bedtime only but
that was changed to maintenance of a 7/1 carbo/protein ratio for all meals.
 The theory is that there is an amino acid contained in protein that
interferes with levadopa transmission across the blood brain barrier.  My
spouse, a PWP, tried it for several months before she became very ill with
other complications.  It seemed to make the Sinemet effect more
predictable.  There were still on-off periods but they were more predictable.
>The diet is not hard to administer.  There is a company called Balance
Nutrition PO box 9327, Providence RI 02940 that distributes several
products of the proper ratio.  (I have no affiliation with that company.)
Plain ole Dairy Queen soft ice cream is, coincidentally, a 7/1 ratio
product also.  You will find that most normal diets are about 25% higher in
protein than this ratio so you just need to read the labels and, maybe add
some veggies to what you normally eat.  For more info including technical
articles see www.balancenutrition.com.  I am [log in to unmask]