I wrote last night because my mother Joyce (68/1 year) is having a tough
time right now and her doctor suggested that she may have some other
Parkinsonian disease. After receiving reading some informative pieces
suggested by some on this list, it seems to me more and more that she has
PD.

She is not, however, having great success with her drugs. Her doctor is
reducing her Requip so that she is off it completely within a week (so that
she can start something else). She started today reducing her dosage from
21 mg./day (7 mg 3x/day) to 5mg in the morning, 5 mg in the afternoon, and
2 mg. at night. She hasn't taken the last dosage because she's having a
terrible day with internal tremors and wants to talk to the doctor (MDS)
about taking 5 mg. tonight rather than 2 mg.

First, this seems to indicate that the drugs ARE doing her some good.

What I think is confusing the issue is that my mother doesn't (never has)
have clear on/off periods. However, I don't think one can conclude from
this that the drugs aren't working. So my next question is: Isn't it
possible to say the drugs are working without feeling them kick in? Any
thoughts?
Debbie White