hi all

gina wrote:
>I have the confusion thing also.  Its like I get so
>overwhelmed and can't keep things straight.  I try
>writing lists of what to do but I get lost quickly. My
>husband does understand about these things.  I'm
>not sure I always do.
>I have been shaking very bad since yesterday.  My
>mind took a trip and feels empty.  I feel that I am becoming
>a burden to friends and family.  I seem to spend more alone
>time, and try to ask for help.  I went to a Big Band concert
>today.  I had trouble going down the ramp. People on all
>sides, I started to panic as all of the people pushed me.
>Well, stress took over and I was a moving mess.  Sat
>for about an 1 1/2 and when it came time to get up, I
>could babely do that.  I should have stayed home.
> I do have an appointment with a replacement Doctor in
>Chicago .  The appointment will be coming up very soon.
>I just have a boat loud of feelings rolling around.  I don't
>mean to dump on you Hilary.  You just seem to have
>some of it together.  I know I losing some of it.  Becoming
>more Paranoid, more hallucinations, more like I don't fit
>again.  I don't know if it is the Parkinson's or not.
> Oh well Thanks for listening. Gina TTFN

the fact that both you and hilary are aware of these feelings
of confusion is a great plus, in my humble opinion

all of the feelings and symptoms you describe
can be related to pd meds and their interactions
with each other and their interactions with other meds

the psychological, emotional, and cognitive effects of pd and its meds
need to be dealt with in the same objective and compassionate way
[i hope!]
that our physical symptoms are addressed

any emotional stress can exacerbate our pd symptoms
and thus contribute to a downward spiral of anxiety

gina, it sounds to me like you started feeling a bit worse
about things in the past couple of days

if so, can you or your husband relate this to any recent change
in your meds routine, or your sleeping habits, or your diet,
or.... some other change in your day to day life?

i'm glad to hear that you will be seeing a new doctor soon
a day by day record of meds and activities and feelings
could be very helpful for the new doc as well as you

maybe it's something you and your husband
could tackle together in the days leading up to your appointment?

try to remember that those feelings of confusion and not belonging
are bound to be med related and indications of adjustments
that probably need to be made

you are not alone, gina and hilary
if there is any place that you belong
[along with those you both care about]
one is here with me and the rest of our cyber family
no matter what
'there, but for grace .."

your cyber-sis

janet

a new voice: http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/janet/index.htm
51/10 - almonte/ontario/canada - [log in to unmask]
janet paterson