Hello: My husband and I just joined your digest the other day and have
been reading most of the digest mail letters. We are impressed with the
knowledge expressed in many of the letters. My husband was diagnosed
with PD in 1993. He had a spiking Blood pressure reading and has
suffered a good number of TIA's before finally having four
Lacunar Infart Strokes which brought on the Parkinsons Disease Syndrome.
He has been steadily going down hill ever since. He can no longer speak,
walk, or write....he sits in front of the computer most of every day but
his fingers do not hit the right keys anymore.
It is frustrating to both of us. I am the primary caregiver. He has a
home health care nurse five times a week to give a bath and shampoo his
hair and dress him in the mornings. That is the only break I ever get.
Most of the time he keeps me busy from around 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven
days a week. I have not been anywhere for two years now....Is there a
support group for the PD caregivers..?  I could use any information
right now. Thank you for your time and consideration, Mrs. John Long