 Greetings from Naples, Italy.  I am the wife of a U.S. Army Officer who is
working over here for NATO.  I am 36 and was diagnosed five years ago.  I
was on permax and eldyprl until this week.  About ten days ago I had
numbness all over my body and lost about 30 percent of my mobility in about
5 days.  The doctors were miffed . . . was it PD, something aggravated by
PD, or something totally unrelated.   I went to the major Army hospital in
Landstuhl, Germany and they decided that it was PD and to start me on
Sinemet CR.  What a trip the first day was, I saw all the details in
everything I looked at--very strange.

I've  been trying to find out whether my problems could have been related to
some dental work I had done.  In the past several years, I've always had a
problem with the local anesthesia that the Dentists use.  I'm usually
incapacitated for 12-24 hours--either a reaction to my meds or my PD
responding.  I coincidentially had dental work done a couple of days before
my rapid down turn and still suspect that may have triggered my problems.
I've found nothing on the net, nor have any doc's considered that this may
be a possibility.

I founded a Young PD support group when we were in Hawaii and I miss my
support group.  I enjoy the PD chat line, but here in Italy long use of the
internet can be expensive.   So, I hope that subscribing to this will help
cure my support group blues.

Nice to meet you all.

Kat