I have just filled out the papers for the Vial of Life Program sponsored by
the Area Agency on Aging located in Santa Maria, CA.  We are provided with a
plastic "vial" (more like a flat compact container) in which all current
medical data is recorded on two forms, one for each of us.  This vial has a
magnet on the back and is placed on the door of the refridgerator.  In case
of an emergency all the emergency response people in this area have been
instructed to look for it in that location.  It could save countless minutes
for them to have it available and certainly could be a life saver for them
to know what drugs the victim is taking and when the last dose was given.
The Area Agency on Aging will send us a reminder every six months to be sure
it is updated.  Old information could be as bad or worse than no
information. Their address is: 208 W. Main St., #8, Santa Maria, CA 93468.
They are anxious to get as many people involved as possible.