Gina, you should write humor books, really!  I wish you success in your visit
today, you have taken the important step, to take charge of your treatment.
As far as the College course, for "Father Screwups" I see where you are coming
from.  As we come into our lot in life, we are all in a learning mode.  When I
became a father for the first time, I learned a lot of things I never even
thought about until that time.  I have two kids, and I NEVER stop learning,
even for a minute.  Did I "screw up"?  Many times!  Am I lucky to have two
wonderful kids?  Definitely.  If a parent "screws up" it is often attributable
to how they were raised.  Kids can be messed up whether or not they have great
parents.  If you end up OK, even with a bad start, as you seem to have, then
you must forgive your parent's mistakes and go on with your life.  We learn
from bad examples as well a good ones.  Hope to hear a good report from you
soon!
KenB