From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Carl Miller
Sent:   Friday, August 14, 1998 5:48 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        PD Pins, T-shirts, etc.

Barb and others:

We in the Atlanta group have been doing all of these for the past two
years. We have great looking heavy weight all natural undyed cotton T's
along with a nice pin. In fact we have just ordered 5,000 more of our
pins from the manufacturer.

I think it takes a local chapter or organization to spearhead a campaign
to do these things. National orgs. just don't have the money or
interest. All the money they take in has to pay salaries, benefits,
office rent, cars, travel expenses and of course a newsletter. What
little that is left over goes to a few research projects. (You think I'm
cynical?)

Carl Miller
Atlanta, GA
caregiver